- Generates accurate 3D volumetric data for dimension inspection
- Identifies boxes that fail to meet all quality parameters
- 99.9% system accuracy at 60 boxes every minute
Feature identification is also called feature detection, pattern recognition, and feature extraction.
Similar to Object Identification, Feature Identification is a fundamental yet powerful automation capability that was made possible by the advancement of machine vision. Feature Identification is the capability of a vision system to recognize the existence of the desired pattern on an object (a product). The ability enables Quality Control to perform defect detection.
Feature Identification helps manufacturers accomplish or perform tasks in a specific area of interest on an object. A simplified process may include:
- Hermary’s high-resolution 3D scanners incorporate advanced vision and illumination technologies that reconstruct target objects’ 3D models using Point Cloud data in real-time.
- Application-specific algorithms are developed to process the datasets.
- The results of the data analysis are then fed to the PLCs (programmable logic controllers) that control the operations of an industrial machine.
The benefits of Hermary’s professional 3D scanning solutions empower manufacturers to adapt to applications of varying sizes, shapes, and locations. By capturing the height/depth information, 3D scanners expand the capabilities of a machine vision system beyond what 2D machine vision could achieve.
Hermary works with our integration partners to find the best solutions for their clients. With over 18,000 installations across a wide variety of industries, Hermary stands by our products for ease of engineering and programming. We also offer consultation on data interfacing and algorithm development. Contact us today to find out more.